The jqAmungUs widget is a jQuery plugin that will aide as an alternative to the icon and will give more detail to who is currently on your site and alternatively whose been on your site and where they came from (as far as country is concerned).
The set up is pretty simple:
Add some code to the head of your web page:
- siteKey:"1cbz6ztl" });
And create the div you want to the data to load to:
- <div id="whos"></div>
And you will get:
Or, you can add the type param and set it to map and get:
The jqAmungUs Plugin is available at: http://www.benjaminsterling.co.....AmungUs.js.
The jQuery core is available at: http://code.google.com/p/jqueryjs/downloads/list.
Support for the jqGalView Plugin is available through the jQuery Mailing Listand the comment section below.
Please post a link to the site you are using this plugin for and a brief desciption so I can see what others are doing with the plugin.
This documentation is maintained by Benjamin Sterling. Post comments or questions below.
- * jQuery AmungUs Plugin
- * Examples and documentation at: http://benjaminsterling.com/2007/09/15/jquery-jqamungus-whosamungus-widget/
- * @author: Benjamin Sterling
- * @version: 1.0
- * @requires jQuery v1.1.2 or later
- * 09/15/2007:
- * Initial Release
- * @name jqAmungUs
- * @example $('#amungus').jqAmungUs(siteKey:"adfadsfasdf");
- * @param String siteKey
- * this is the site key you get from http://whos.amung.us
- * and must be set
- * @param String type
- * two options here, either whos or map, whos will give
- * you who is currently on your site and map with give
- * you the most recents visits and where they are from
- * @param String pathToServerSide
- * The path to the server side sript you are using to
- * pull in the info.
- * @param Int interval
- * How often should the call be made?
- * @param String lang
- * This will be the extentsion of the serverside script
- * whether it is asp, php, asp.net and so on, as long
- * as the actual page name is jqAmungUs.
- * @param Function callback
- * A callback function for after the data is called in.