Not sure if you have noticed just yet, but Gmail has made changes to there chat feature, adding support for group chats and better emoticons.
Just launched! Chat just got better with group chat and new emoticons.
Chat with multiple people without multiple windows. Invite your friends to a group discussion. To start a group chat, click ‘Group chat’ from the ‘Options’ menu when chatting.
- Start a conversation with someone in your contact list
- Click on options at the bottom left of the chat window
- Click group chat, a input box will appear above the window
- in that box, start typing the person name you want to chat with and select them
- Give it a few moments and you will get notices that the people have joined that chat
And that is all that is too it.